My Top 10 Favorite Things about Hoboken, NJ (past and present)
1. Pier Platters (RIP) It was the best record store ever, the first place I drove to when I got my driver's licence in high school, and was last record store job I ever had. I am very saddened that there isn't some sort of memorial site to this legendary indie record store. There really should be)
2. Maxwell's - My favorite venue and my favorite place to play shows - ever.
3. Yo La Tengo (Though once upon a time I think both Sonic Youth and Pavement had practice spaces there.
4. Piccolos steak sandwiches - take that Philly.
5. The gold medal parallel parking skills I now have as an adult is thanks to the nearly impossible task of finding street parking in this mile by mile, very compact and crowded city. You think that space is too small for my car? Wrong! And I will park it with no more than three turns of the wheel. I am that good.
6. Benny Tudino's / 7 Star - Pizza - slices the size of your friggin' arm. Two slices fit into a to go box.
7. The view of Manhatten.
8. My friends who call this city home.
9. Louise & Jerry's - for drinky drinks.
10. Jon Chang who has a new recording project called Hayaino Daisuki out on Hydra Head right now. He is the vocal Speed Racer of grind.